Saturday, February 19, 2011

16 at Last!

After turning 16 on the 13th I was ready to take my driver's test. I got processed after school on Wednesday and we decided to come back Thursday to take the test. We found out that the appointments for the week were booked so we decided to try and be a walk-in. I made my mom wake up at 5 and we got ready and left so we could be in front of the DPS by 6. Turns out, we were first. Goal completed. My mom literally thought I was crazy because we sat in the car due to a chilly breeze and I kept turning and looking at both ways of entering the DPS parking lot, making sure no one would take my place in line. (You don't understand how badly I wanted my license.) But we stayed first in line even when newcomers came, we just sat in front of the door and waited until 8 when it opened. (Now you're probably thinking "YOU GOT THERE 2 HOURS BEFORE?!" Why yes, yes we did.) It paid off though. I was the first walk-in test at 9:45.

Remind me never to take a driver's test again, thanks.

I passed though, and I'm very excited. On Friday, I drove myself to school and parked in the band parking lot. My friends, Austin, Dani, & Cody all accompanied me to one of our assistant principals' offices and I bought a parking permit. Now I'm all set to go! Boy, it feels good to be 16(:

0 comments: